In my first term of office, I won for you the peace you were yearning for. Without stopping there, I laid the foundation for development in the country, guiding the country towards a strengthened and self-sufficient economy.
Doing what I say, and saying what I set out to do, I have earned your trust and confidence.
And again I ask for your support in this election, so that together, we can continue to bring a “Brighter future” for you, your family and our country.
By presenting the “Mahinda Chintana- Vision for the future” I am assuring you, of my deep commitment to fulfill your future aspirations as well.
- A prosperous country, a land of opportunity
- Disciplined and a law-abiding society
- Satisfactory life styles, comfortable livelihoods
- Developed road network and transportation system
- A unitary state, with freedom for all
- Shared values, rapid development and lasting peace
- Respect for fauna and flora
- Priority for Youth empowerment through education and skills development
- Focus on modern education and knowledge systems
- A Healthy society with heath care availability for all
- Entrepreneurs with strength to conquer the world
- Re-awakening the performing arts and culture
- A country where People would want to return, as opposed to migration
I want to thank all of you who gave your time, talent, and passion to my first term in office and this campaign.
We defeated terrorism and separatism, which at one time was thought and told by the whole world to be impossible. We are now ready to lead our children and our nation, to a brighter future, as stakeholders of a truly free motherland. We as a nation have just begun its recovery and started the journey to prosperity, let us all unite, to make this historic juncture meaningful for our country and her future.
Together we will make Sri Lanka “Wonder of Asia”
President – The Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka